Trying to convince myself this build is "done"

 

The town and map tower at zero ~ zero

Minecraft *sigh*. In this screen shot I'm looking out at 5 worlds cut together like a quilt. The oldest 2015 world is the snow covered mountain. Inside the mountain is the original rail base, and the village that has been emptied of all entities multiple times. It also contains ink & quill books written in 2016. 

The red sandstone village is Schroom biome (Mushroom Islands). I made a one biome world that was all mushrooms and purple dirt with crazy amounts of ore and diamonds, and moved the thousands of regions with the 1,000,000 blocks of rail into it. 

Then a few years later, I moved that into a Mesa/ bad lands world that's three.

Then I moved that three way combo into a flat sand world with a custom red sandstone layer for building that's four. And five is only visible over the edges of that land cliff. 

I moved the crazy quit chaos into a flat stone world. In that world the only stuff in Minecraft was two 512 regions wide, and just a few more 512 regions longer than a million blocks. Everywhere else in that world was level 5 flat ugly stone crawling with mobs and bouncing jelly squares and lava pools.  

As I type this, I'm thinking. I should dig up some screenshots. The oldest ones I have on the computer this crazy quilt world is loaded into are from 2020. I guess since this latest blog post series, (three days in a row now) is about video game addiction and that I don't really want to quit. Hm....? 

After the flat stone world, I attempted to move more jungle and ocean with the water level lowered into the mostly sand and mushroom covered world that only had a few areas of trees. And no dirt or water (only in villages) in the case of the sand (flat desert). Then re-clone sections of rail. I really like the chaos. It's not real life, why make it realistic? But, hunting for dirt to plant a garden is ... well.. insane? So, I added it back, region by region as needed of course. :D Terraforming more than building. So? What screenshots do I have in my current folder without digging up files in old removable hard drives? 

Flat desert with custom red sandstone cliff, Mushroom island cliffs in center, flat stone has been replaced by grass planes with lava pools. 

Here's what the flat stone looked like AFTER it was imported into a newer world this year, March 2024
Here's the same stairs looking up at the wall and cliff. 

The first image, I hadn't added the yellow, cement, frog lights, glass and stone slabs to the stairs I was building, yet. You can see the white stone and the water in the corner of the 1st image. Anyways, time stamp, it's the same day a little while later.

There were bones floating here and there and not near as many lava pools in this generation. Also areas are -64 deep. So I cloned chunks of pillars because. Luv chaos. 

Here's some cloned from the deep pillars, and a glass rail at 500. 

When I look at these three images, I don't think "it is done".  I think, do I "own" the billion block area?

If I can see a tower, rail or hub (some kind of safe place to run to to hide from monsters) then I guess I've claimed that area of blocks? Made my mark? I dunno. 

Here's a screenshot of maps showing the state of a build.


Screenshot of a 2nd set of maps showing 'the pit' Sept 2024


The point isn't "finished" I guess? I know I'll never be done with the billion block area if I build in survival for the rest of my life span. It's more about getting some mental concept of the scale of the numbers. Like a billionaire "owns" money they can't ever spend in their remaining life span. Sure even a USD centibillionaire can fund a production budget for a fleet of rockets and robots to go to Mars or to end childhood malnutrition worldwide. But, it's just as impossible for the  individual human to spend the money as it is for me to finish this build all by myself. Or to put it another way, I could open up this world and have a few hundred people "finish" the build of this area of 1,000 x 1,000,000 virtual blocks. It might actually take over a thousand people, if each person finished only one 512 x 512 Minecraft region, then way over 3,000 people.  

I go look at the region file numbers. Zero where 'M' rail East begins is file 0.0 block number one million where the million block rail line ends is region file 1953.0. The region files that contain the rail is two regions wide, so? Three thousand nine hundred and six people if everybody had only one region file to build on. But, that would be boring and sad, like 3,906 people with only one small lot, and somebody else had already messed with it for most of the region files. Kinda like a row of little houses in a suburb along a train rail line I guess? 

Comments