Still... don't really know why I play Minecraft

 The video game addiction is real. 

A couple weeks ago I took the Video Game Addiction Test, at Game Quitters .com I scored 7 out of 9.

Problem, I don't really want to quit playing Minecraft. 

Here's a screenshot of my build home, it's the primary location I've been using over the past couple of years to collect blocks and craft them to build with. 

I tp to this tower and back to where I'm building at.

Here's the same tower one world ago June 16 2023.

Had just killed a bunch of Pillagers apparently. Guessing by the low level number they killed me first. But, the reason I uploaded this today is because it starts to illustrate the insanity of 'b'. 

Three major changes. Notice in the Sept 2024 screenshot the green flat grass with trees. The 2023 world had overgrown grass planes with flowers and lava pits. I created a flat world with custom layers. You can see the layers under the grass in the now image because I cloned a water wall with those blocks. Useful building blocks: prismarine (normally found in Sea Temples under water), the dark terracotta color is hardened clay blocks so that I can dye them any color I want. 

One layer of iron ore below that, then Diorite. I guess it's in the top 5 hated blocks? But, I don't hate it. My five most disliked blocks are: brown terracotta (it's too dark, can't build light safe structures with it), red stone (it fucks with the flow of water, and door pressure plates, and I've crafted too much power rail over the years. Promised myself in 2022 that I'm done crafting and cloning Minecraft rail, I've done more than enough of that for one human lifetime). 3 coarse dirt (waste of time and ugly), 4. ice, I don't like the ice biome, can't easily garden there, snow covers my builds, and 5th most disliked blocks are a tie between dark oak because I don't like the doors and same as brown terracotta it makes a dark surface that's not easy to light. I should dislike Granite because it looks like high-fat-old-ground-beef, but it's useful and I like to checkerboard it with greens. Greens like Tuff that just became one of my favorite new crafting textures. 

Just wandered way off topic. It's pretty obvious that for whatever reason, as ugly as this pixel world is, I don't hate this game yet. What was I talking about? The green flat layer. I made a ring all the way around the billion block area. The region files are 512 blocks wide and from the sky to the bedrock. The billion block area is a wall from zero to a million long, times two sides, a thousand blocks wide at 500 and -500. The entire wall around the billion block area is 2,002,000 blocks in circumference. 

This image from last year shows the wall at 500 at night. Don't know why I didn't screenshot it more, it took me years to build and clone it. Also, this shows areas from three worlds: grass plane,  a mushroom biome I built in for years with trees/wood gathered from the non-schroom regions of course, and grey flat world, that was just too depressing. It's only fun to mine in if you have gardens else where. 

2023 before the green ring.

The green ring is around the billion block area at -513 and 513 with some extra patches at both ends. 

So major change #1. There's a green flat ring of totally cheating blocks to build with in survival, around the imported many times, from many past worlds billion block area. 

Major change #2. I removed some old island/cliff chunks from the 2023 world. It used to be a corner, now it's just a cliff edge at 512. 

Change #3. Still in progress, I sorta dislike the water walls/water cliffs. They are kinda fun because you can just walk along and fish and squid will fall out. Ha ha, the 3rd way to catch fish without fishing. But, I really dislike it when dolphins fall off the cliffs, and turtles, and of course, myself into a lava waterfall puddle that kills me. So, I've been building and then cloning water walls. There's a little section of built wall in the top screenshot near the tower. And the rest is cloned from the green ring, as described in perhaps way to much detail above. 

Here's the main reason I imported the green ring. Minecraft has lowered the underground area, it used to be bedrock at zero. Now bedrock is -64. This meant that when I imported my million block rail into a new world that there were void holes and I discovered that I could fall and die in there even in Creative! :( lame. So, I needed the green ring to fill the void. 

Here's the void and the lava flow looking up while flying in creative before I imported the green ring.

I mentioned that it is a video game addiction, and that I don't know why I play. I've attempted to quit many times since 2015. Sometimes I did, for a while. 

Here's the screen shots of the last time I took of my armor and put it and all my inventory in a chest. 


I keep ink & quill books for reference later.

Image displays the location data.

5 full sulker boxes of inventory AND the chest.

I've updated my skin only twice, this yellow and green jester is my 2nd skin.


Comments