My old base, with over a decade worth of playing, since 2015 is at zero, map view of 128 x 128 block area.
![]() |
| Map of 2015 base zero rail starting at tower |
Screen shot is at a tp hub to the start of the 'M' rail from 500,000 ~ -500,000, a path marking an edge that I have blogged about in past posts.
Anyways, I built a million block rail from zero to 1,000,000.
This rail started out built in survival. Then cloned via the command line in Minecraft.
Then after 175,000 blocks or so, cloned with help of a red-stone activator rail command block, coded by BFF when he saw what I was doing.
![]() |
| 1,000,000 block end of the rail, flying in creative mode |
The 'M' rail runs along region 0 and negative one.
Regions are 512 blocks by 512 blocks.
The one million block end of rail is at region 1953.
0.0 to 0.1953 is 1,954 regions + -1.0 to -1.1953 = 3,908 regions just for the one million block rail.
Years later I built (and cloned) a wall at block 500 and -500 along the sides.
1,000 x 1,000,000 is a billion block area.
Minecraft lowered the bedrock from zero to negative sixty-four.
When I loaded my 3,908 regions of rail into a flat world there was void under the region, no safe way to climb up in survival to the rail.
Worse, if a player accidentally teleports into the void, even while in creative mode -- you die, and lose all your inventory and armor.
![]() |
| a opening to void under the connecting rail with low flat world and towers up |
I imported a green ring around my rail from a custom flat world that I designed to be at a good height to cover the void unless you mine your way into it, or TP in accidentally.
The center rail is 2 regions wide. The green ring adds another regions to each side.
I also added regions at both ends. 1,956 regions at 4 regions wide is 7,824 regions played, a lot.
Adding a few extra regions at each end adds up to a total of 7,830 regions
for the center played area of my world.
Beyond these 7,830 regions is a flat world that is a custom ocean world.
Of course I played other areas of old worlds besides this center core of regions.
I imported some stub or side rails that are basically loops that run between a town and a city area.
![]() |
| Ol' Jump Town under the square virtual moon |
2015's Ol' Jump Town (now my tp hub towers)
The town is only 4 regions, most of it built on 89.4.
Forest and land under the rails, 89.5, 90.5 and 90.4.
There's two rails running into the edge of town, and a corner bridge across the moat cliffs to the main center land mass.
The purple side rail runs from the edge of town at 88 to 0, along region .4.
89 regions, three wide is 267 regions, plus the 4 regions of the town area.
271 regions plus a significant chunk of land area I added to build on later.
271+7 = 278 regions 91.4 to 91.11 East of town.
278+17 = 295 regions ( regions added behind town ).
![]() |
| Rail junction, old survival cloned 'M' rail over glass rail from Ol' Jump Town |
The second rail stub connects to the mainland. Except for the bridge across the moat, all land regions are counted in vertical area. Like in the photo above, Lime Yellow rail crossing the center line.
295 + 7,830 = 8,125 for Ol' Jump Town plus the center mainland.
BFF's city is 27,000 blocks from Ol' Jump Town ~ 45,000 blocks East from zero, across on the negative side of the center rail line, connected to Ol' Jump Town and the center mainland by the yellow rail.
![]() |
| Yellow rail to center, Ol' Jump Town, Purple rail to zero. |
Yeah? Don't ask me how long it takes to ride in survival, just the side rail, from the town to the city. I've flown in creative along it to import and repair missing region files, but... there are a couple junctions, and finding it more fun to build hubs in survival and mine for blocks to build hubs with, then to ride rail lines, means I rarely ride rails in survival anymore. Okay, the city.
![]() |
| City edge, the rail is not in this screenshot |
Turn around in the world and look out past the white tower. The black and sand blocks in the edge are the end of the connecting rail. P.s. Minecraft has recently decided to add more snow :( not a fan of snow.
| connecting rail's city end after several rail junctions |
At this time, still flying along the edges, counting regions. I'll get back to writing this later.







Comments